Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Sweet 16, Baby Girl!

Happy Sweet 16! 


I hope the card that I sent you didn't get lost in the mail.

I cant believe it was 16 years ago that I held you in my arms and fell in love with you. You were instantly so precious to me, and you still are. I couldn't believe how beautiful you were and how much potential you were blessed with. You and Ethan have always been the greatest gift from God and I am so grateful for you both.

I look at your pictures every day. There's so much I want to talk to  you about; school, cars, guys... about how you keep going even when your heart is breaking. I know when you're in high school that it can feel like the end of the world when something goes wrong, but it's not. Life is full of joy, but we have to have dark to see the light of the stars. Surround yourself with people who make you smile and who love you just as you are, on good days and bad days.

I keep praying that the Lord continues to protect you and bless you with wisdom and that you continue to grow into the wonderful woman you were always intended to be. Be safe on the roads, make good choices, and don't be afraid to be independent. That's how you learn to be an adult.

I hope your birthday dreams and wishes came true. I cant wait until you and I can spend birthdays together! For now, be great, enjoy school, and have fun with your friends!

I love you. I mean that with every piece of my soul.

With hope and love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so proud of you

Your birthday is coming up and you are on my mind. I miss you.  I'm so proud of your dedication to your education. Congratulations on yo...